I know, I'm completely past due for an update...
I'm sorry...
But I'm telling you, time here is just flying.
I honestly don't know how it's going so fast.
As soon as we got back from Nicaragua it's been 2 weeks of working on group projects and papers, and research. fun. But tomorrow is the last day of this class. So I am way excited. It has been really good for me, eye opening, thinker, challenging. But I'm ready to dive into all that, rather than just sit and listen about it.
I have gotten to do some reading though, so that's been nice...
Actually, I read an entire book today. haha.
And yesterday I read the last half of a book.
I know, I know, I'm rediculous. I just love books.
Sex God by Rob Bell
and Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne.
You should check them out.
Funny thing is that they perfectly alligned with things I've been thinking about.
God is so good in that way, he is definitely a humorous God.
I finally took care of my class schedule for the fall, and almost have housing worked out. That was such a pain, being all the way across the country.
I have such amazing friends. Gamma sent Danna and I a package. And I know of 2 other packages coming from friends. It has been so sweet to get letters too! It is such an encouragement. Because although I am living my dream, not everything hear is easy. There are a lot of challenges, and hardship, and of course I miss all of you. But of course God is blessing me in so many ways.
One of them is a week from today - My papa and my mom are coming to visit!!! I am so ready for that! Pray that they have a safe trip here.
Honestly, I don't have much to say, and you probably are annoyed by that...wondering what my adventures here are...but I guess it is just so much that I wouldn't even know where to start. I am going to Manuel Antonio again this weekend...so maybe I'll have some more stories for you then. It's just that these last 2 weeks have been a lot of contemplating on my life, where it's going, what I can do with it, how i need to change it or strengthen it, what the bible says about all this, and how God is integrated into my very fiber. Maybe in the future I'll have some posts about that.
Love you all! Happy day!
sometimes I think in Spanish, I can easily spend 6 or more hours in a bookstore, i eat peanut butter with a spoon, and I love God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment